FIGHTING TALK NZ
2022 FIGHTER OF THE YEAR
" Go there a thousand times in your mind to make it count when the time is right"
Tiffany van Soest
The Fighting Talk NZ Fighter of the Year awards, are to recognize the fighters in New Zealand who have had an exceptional year, have given back to the community and have shown consistent sportsmanship. The male and female fighters who win this award will each receive $1000 each.
How to Vote and Nomination Eligibility:
1. One nomination per fighter, this must be nominated by the fighters main coach
2. Nominees must of had 2+ Kickboxing, K1, Glory, Modified or Muay Thai rules fights between 1st January 1 2023 and December 20 2023. MMA and Boxing fights are not eligible.
3. Fighters can be any age
4. All boxes must be completed.
5. Fighters must be based in New Zealand
6. All fights overseas will count provided they meet the conditions of eligibility.
7. Fighters will be judged also on their merits, fair play, and what they have done to promote Muay Thai and Kickboxing to the wider community.
1. Online nominations open on 10 December and close on 20 December
2. The nominations will be sorted for eligibility.
3. An independent panel will select the top 3 fighters in both Male and Female
4. Public voting for the top male and female will open 10-20 January
5. Voting results will go to independent panel to make final decision.
6. Winners will be announced Jan 25th 2024.